
Isack Hadjar Ruled Out of Dutch GP with Wrist Injury
Isack Hadjar will miss this weekend's Dutch Grand Prix after sustaining a wrist injury during a gym session last week. The Frenchman, who claimed his maiden F1 podium at Zandvoort last year and had prepared a special helmet to mark the occasion, was forced to withdraw as Racing Bulls evaluated the injury.
Why it matters:
The timing is particularly frustrating for Hadjar, who has been one of the standout performers this season and hoped to build on last year's success. His absence triggered a rapid chain reaction across the Red Bull junior stable, with Yuki Tsunoda summoned from a beach holiday in Greece to fill the Racing Bulls seat while Liam Lawson was handed an unexpected reprieve at Red Bull.
The details:
- Racing Bulls CEO Peter Bayer said the team was first alerted to a potential driver change last Friday, with the situation confirmed by Tuesday.
- Despite being ruled out, Hadjar still appeared in the Zandvoort paddock on Friday morning, underscoring his eagerness to race.
- Team principal Laurent Mekies said the squad would take "zero risk," noting Hadjar has grown stronger with every outing this year.
- In an unexpected crossover, seven-time MotoGP champion Marc Marquez—who shares Hadjar's physiotherapist—urged the 20-year-old not to rush back or pursue hasty procedures, stressing his long career ahead.
- Marquez speaks from painful experience, having endured multiple arm fractures, dislocated shoulders, and diplopia.
What's next:
Red Bull is targeting the Italian Grand Prix at Monza on 4-6 September for Hadjar's return, though Mekies admitted it is too early to confirm. Monza's relatively low physical demands offer a sensible reintroduction before the inaugural Madrid Grand Prix follows one week later, presenting a sterner test for the recovering driver.
Original Article :https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/the-advice-motogp-champion-marc-marquez-gave-...






